Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall reflection

If winter is slumber and spring is birth,
and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection.
It's a time of year when the leaves are down
and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone.
Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year
and it's time to reflect on what's come before. - Mitchell Burgess





At one time, I did not like autumn because it reminded me of the things to come - Winter. I have the tendency to forward think instead of being in the present. I've been striving to be in the "here and now" and to enjoy what is before me. This fall has been unseasonable warm, radiant in beauty for this I am thankful. - Jen

2 comments:

kjl said...

Gorgeous pics, Jen! I was just getting ready to post some fall leaf picture to my blog too--it's been so beautiful this year!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures.