Thursday, April 2, 2009

Practice makes perfect

My son is learning that practice leads to proficiency.
bike riding
reading
rollerskating
and now jump roping.



My little guy spent most of the afternoon until right before bed practicing his new found skill. It's fun to see his joy when he has mastered a skill.

Remember a few weeks ago when my son was practicing roller skating for a class party. Well the party was a success. Initially half the kindergartners were on their bums at any given moment, but by the end of the party most were upright :) My little guy was one of the last ones in his sneakers. He wanted to keep practicing rollerskating.

3 comments:

MrsMama said...

Persistence is good. It will serve him well some day. Until then, it will help him sleep well at night! :)

Marathon Mom said...

I love it! It's refreshing to see a child take such joy in simple things/accomplishments. Who needs fancy expensive toys to have fun!?

Jen said...

I think my little guy dreamed about jumping rope, because bright and early the next day he was practicing some more.