Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lone Poppy

I'm a gardener in process.
Who am I kidding, I'm also a wife, mother, photographer in process as well.
But the matter at hand is gardening.
When we moved into our home 6+ years ago,
we inherited two beautiful perennial gardens.
The first year we just watched it grow to see what we had.
As the years went on I have been able to weed the bad stuff and enjoy the beauty of the flowers in bloom.
This year I was caught off guard when I saw this:



I had no idea what this was, I had not seen it in the years past.
I ended up posting that pic on facebook in hopes some gardener would tell me what it is.
Well it turns out to be a poppy.



A lone poppy in the midst of my irises.
I have no idea how it got there.







But I like how it adds a punch of orange in the midst.

1 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

It's beautiful! It's amazing how God can show himself! His beauty is amazing!!