Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gettin' the boot

Here's the story: I have been driving past this hayfield the past few days in awe of its beauty. I just could not pass up a picture perfect opportunity. I have been reluctant in the past to just stop and take pictures in fear of gettin' the boot off someone's property. I decided to put all fears behind me, loaded up my littles ones and took off to this gorgeous Kansas view. Within a couple minutes of being in the hayfield, dogs began to bark and the home owner came out. BUSTED! I graciously yelled across the field to this elderly woman that I had to stop and take a picture of her beautiful land. She stated, "Why, thankyou." The kids petted the dogs, we loaded back up and I have only a few pictures to show for it. Oh well. I think I need to befriend some people with beautiful land.





You will need to click on the bottom picture to get the full effect.
Who knew that Kansas could be so pretty.
Bye for now- Jen

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I think it is great that you got enough guts to do that. I have done that once to take a picture and it was so much fun. I love the pictures and the kids will have the fun memories too.

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

BeaUtiful! I am always mad when people diss our flat grassland. I am a huge KS girl! :) These are awesome pictures. If you spot any sunflower fields soon let me know. We might have to arrange a photo op.
--Anna

Anonymous said...

Love your new blog! It's so fun to see how you're really developing this hobby. Wish you were closer so we could do some pictures together. Beautiful photos!!!!