Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring has sprung!

Signs of spring.

Such a stark contrast from last weekend where God blessed us with a blanket of snow.


Spring always gives me feelings of renewal and reflection.
Especially around Easter.
A remembrance of a gracious Saviour,
who saved a wretched soul like me.
It's also a time of hopeful expectation and playful fun.
My children laughing outside.
Playing with bubbles and sidewalk chalk.
Flying kites.
Riding bikes.
Taking long walks around the park holding my daughter's hand.
Days with more sunlight.
Short sleeve shirts and sandals.
Brightly colored toes of pink and red.
The smell of spring rain.
The beauty of the spring green leaves
and daffodils and tulips.
Bare feet on freshly grown grass.
Yes, spring is here.
On the side...This morning I woke up to my son at 6:45 am fully dressed asking if he could practice roller skating. He just found out that his class is taking a field trip to a roller skating rink in a few weeks. He wants to make sure he is able to roller skate well before he goes on the field trip. That boy takes so much after me..... oh my! He was rollerskating soon afterward in the backyard on our patio.
Second side... My daughter no longer has her splint. Can I hear a "yeah hooo!"

3 comments:

Marathon Mom said...

There is something so hopeful and peaceful about the first signs of Spring!

Let me just say that he will be the best skater there if he is already practicing.:) How sweet!

Anonymous said...

yeah hooo!!! I am glad her arm is all better.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

HOOTY HOO! I'm ready!