Friday, October 16, 2009

Five on Friday

1. I've been busy here. Feel like I have been juggling many different hats and doing none of them too well. Trying to get more structured with my time.

2. Just had a birthday recently. This birthday was relatively hard mentally. I almost wished the day would skip over, and I would continue to be the same age as before. I know it's just a number and it's all about attitude, but this number is getting way too close 4 0.

3. Started jazzercise again. I truly love it! It's the only exercise that I get an endorphin high and not want to sleep afterwards. Plus I love feeling strong and boy do I feel strong afterwards.

4. My husband are on our fifth week of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace. We are trying to get our finances in order. The envelope system is our homework assignment for this week. It definitely makes you look at what you buy.

5. Thinking about finances, we decided our children need to learn the value of a dollar. A chores chart is now on the fridge, and it has been much easier to "remind" them of their responsibilities. Currently, they are running to get it done. We'll see how long that lasts ;)


* Bonus (Six of Friday doesn't sound as nice)

I have had this Proverb memorized for years. I've been applying it completely different lately. It's like it has taken on a totally different meaning. God's word has a funny way of doing that. Give your family a squeeze - Jen

1 comments:

Marathon Mom said...

You are doing a great job wearing all of your different "hats". And I love that verse. So applicable!