Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chicks poop

As a photographer, I like to provide the perfect portrait -great smile, eyes looking straight at the camera, but my favorites are those that are not posed, a candid shot where I give the child a basic instruction and then watch them react.

In my Easter mini-shoots, the instruction was "go get a chick." I loved the responses. These are the times that I am scared to put down my camera for even a moment, because at any time something can happen.

And something did happen, poop.



This cute chick decided to poop in my sweet niece's hand. As you can see, she wasn't too happy about it. Her response, "This chick pooped in my hand. I don't want a chick that poops."



After viewing this my nephew did not want to come close to any chicks let alone hold one, so we compromised.



He wasn't quite sure about being this close.



My nephew checked out the chick once more and discovered......



This one had pooped too.



Yeah, chicks poop.
But boy were those reactions priceless!
For those of you scheduled for this weekends mini shoots, don't worry the poop just rolls off.
Plus I provide wipes :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you caught all that on your camera, what great memories!
Thanks,
Brenda

Beth Eaton said...

Those are adorable! It's good to know that I'm not the only one that gets those kinds of things on my camera. You look at the bright side of it though! Awesome!!

kreed said...

Those pictures are hilarious! You captured the moments wonderfully, as usual!

MrsMama said...

Too funny! Thanks for the behind the scenes peek. :)

paige said...

that is precious! even the poopin chick!!
xo

Anonymous said...

They are adorable and not just because they are my grand-niece and nephew. I will send you a picture your grandma took of your cousin April and me holding a chick. This was on our farm. April was not too sure about the chick either.
Love,
Aunt Jeanine