Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's only a sweet pea

Or is it?
I blame it on my garden
or on my lack on insight since we were on vacation.
But for whatever reason my daughter and cousins harvested what seemed to be a
innocent sweet pea from behind our Colorado cabin:
Turns out this plant is poisonous.
My little girl knows now to not eat anything except from our garden or grocery store.
Somehow our yearly trips to Estes always starts off rough.

More Colorado pics to come.


My girl is okay. The Estes Park ER staff was fabulous. She was better within 8 hours, and the next day you would never had known she was sick.

4 comments:

kjl said...

Oh my gosh--I'm so sorry!! I hope she gets better soon. So glad it wasn't even more serious!

Beth Eaton said...

OH WOW!! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope that she is okay...keep us posted.

kreed said...

Oh no, Jen! I hope she is feeling better. How scary for everyone.

Marathon Mom said...

Oh my goodness, it does look like a sweet pea. Glad she was okay!