Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wet works

The continuous rain didn't dampen our Fourth of July festivities.





Our family crew sat in the garage and waited for the rain to slow down and then
BOOM, the fireworks showed their splendor.


I was raised going to fireworks displays where fireworks were considered illegal.
It amazes me every year especially in my neighborhood how much people will spend
on the big professional fireworks.


Around 10:30 in the evening the rain had stopped and our neighborhood was one fireworks display in the sky. I literally turned a full 360 to see all the displays around me. AMAZING!

*******
I have to add my favorite conversation of the weekend with a recent high school grad.....
me: "So what college are you going to?"
recent grad: "Iowa State"
me: "Is that the school of the hawkeyes?"
hubby: "No that's University of Iowa."
recent grad: Oh, our school has 'hot guys'!"
Puzzled, I look at the recent grad.
Recent grad realizes I didn't say 'hot guys' and replies with hand over mouth,
"I'm so embarrassed."
I then translate in my head what was currently said, 'hawkeyes' = 'hot guys.'
Laughter ensues.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Great photos Jen! I especially love the last photo. You really captured what it was like!

Jen said...

Thanks Ann!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that conversation added in there. i think it's ok to laugh about it now