Monday, August 1, 2011

Colorado Trip

Caution there is an overload of Colorado pics.
My blog has replaced my scrapbooking days.
Here we go....our first stop Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs














Next, the Great Sand Dunes













Durango/Silverton Train ride







I'm thankful for the Arby's sunglasses that came with a happy meal. My girl left her sunglasses at home and we needed glasses to cover our eyes from the soot from the train.





















Next stop Mesa Verde
The trees along the way had been burned from a fire a decade ago.
I loved this shot immediately.....



and love it more in black and white...













Our rental home was near a lake.



We saw a black bear cub at the lake. I was so engrossed in seeing it that I forgot all about my camera.

Our rental home was up in the mountains, at the base of the mountains this is what I saw....







Here is my family at the door of the rental home.



This is the seventh year that my husband, dad and brother-n-law have gone backpacking in the mountains. This is a shot from their adventure. It was taken from my husband's Iphone. My dad is standing at the top of the mountain. It's my favorite shot of the whole vacation.



My kids favorite thing to do on the trip was the river rafting (not pictured) There was a section where the rapids were at level 3. That was the best part for them, adrenaline junkies. I was nervous for them, and they were screaming with excitement and wanting more level 3 rapids. Go figure.

2 comments:

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

love Love LOVE! such beautiful shots. mom and dad are there this week. sorry you had to come back to the heat. :( i know that God's creative hand is evident here in KS, but it seems even more colorful in CO! glad you had a good trip.

kjl said...

Beautiful pics! So glad you guys had a good trip!