Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Friendship

I have enjoyed watching my children develop friendships.
They are naturals at it.
My son prefers to have one to two close friends that he absolutely adores
while my daughter is friendly to whomever will let her.
Watching them makes me reflect on my own cherished friendships.
You know the ones...
The friends that you hold dear
Because they love you despite your flaws.
The ones that you can be completely transparent with, without fear of rejection or ridicule.
The friends that transcends time or place.
The ones that you can pick up the phone after months of silence, but by the conversation it seems as if only a day has passed.
The friends that know you so well that they can easily tug at your heart strings.
The ones that know your intentions despite your exact opposite behaviors.
I truly hold dear to my friends; they are precious,
even when most are miles away.


My prayer for my children is that they will choose their friends wisely.
Friends that love and honor God.
Friends that bring joy to their soul.
That is my prayer. - Jen

1 comments:

MrsMama said...

Love those smiles!

That is our prayer for our children as well. What a wonderful way to bless your kids!