Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life style change

Here are the many indicators that I needed a lifestyle change (exercise and diet).

1. When telling my doctor that I thought I needed to lose 10 pounds, she looked at me and stated "no you need to lose 20."
2. When a girlfriend of mine saw a picture of me during my honeymoon years, she stated "my you were TINY."
3. When I am currently wearing my "post baby jeans."
4. When two years ago I decided to buy a size larger in jeans convincing myself that it would only be temporary. I still am wearing them.
5. When I put on my jeans, some unsightly flab rolls over onto the jeans. Was that TMI?

So I took action. I enrolled in jazzercise and been doing a modified weight watchers. (Calling my sister and asking how many points each food has that I am about to eat.)

Its almost been two weeks. I love jazzercise. I haven't had any winter blues since my enrollment which is an added bonus. Plus my little girl loves playing "jazzercise instructor" and dances around the house. So much fun to watch.

But here is my question? I haven't lost a single pound.
Not one.
How can that be?
I have been to jazzercise 7 times in the past week and half.
I have not had any Sonic 44 Dr. Peppers. It had been my daily morning intake.
I have cut my food intake down significantly.

Maybe I'm delusional.
While I am jazzercising I look at the instructors and think I'm their size.
Then reality hits.
I look at myself in the mirror.
Ugh.
Will I ever get down to the size I once was?

5 comments:

Marathon Mom said...

Have you taken into account that you are gaining muscle? Keep at it, sounds like you are doing great. I bet you will see results soon!

kjl said...

You certainly could be gaining muscle--that's the plus of working out! :)

I can actually relate though...I haven't been fitting into my jeans very well lately and I started exercising more consistently and making better food choices a few weeks ago and I'm getting absolutely nowhere. I think I can actually hear my metabolism getting slower as we speak! UGH!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! It's so hard! Katie is 6 and I still have 8 lbs to go. I'm trying though...2009 is the year!! I'm doing the eat less/exercise more route, and adding in protein!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh sweet friend. All of us women understand. Take heart and keep it up ... things will change. You're the type that gets something in your mind and you go for it. Keep the goal, not the pounds, in mind. I so wish I lived there to go to jazzercise with ya!

Anonymous said...

Pay less attention to the scale and more to how your clothes are fitting and how you feel. When they start feeling a little bit better than you know you are making a difference. Hang in there, you can do it.
Love Brenda