Wednesday, August 5, 2009

nutritional ramblings

Berries, Oh how I love berries.
I could eat them everyday....if I could.
Raspberries are my favorite with blueberries close behind.
Blackberries are yummy, too.
We have a blackberry bush that has produced...
I don't know maybe 50-75 quarts by the time its through.
So of course I have to make desserts with them like
this one.

I have no will power when it comes to berry desserts.
So I had this for a midmorning snack.
After I ran of course so I would not pack the pounds back on.
But I can't feel too bad, since blackberries are good for you.
*
Speaking of things that are good for you.
Look at what I discover while taking my kids to a new pediatric dentist.
This gum supposedly prevents cavities.
The hygentist stated that the xylitol in the gum is a natural sweetener found in trees
and it helps kill the bacteria that causes cavities.
She also stated that it also kills the bacteria that causes ear infections.
Sign me up!
I asked where can I get some, and my family
has been chewing the gum ever since.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where do you get the gum?
Brenda

Jen said...

Brenda,
They sold it at the dentist office along with toothpaste with xylitol and candy.