Thursday, January 7, 2010

Drifts

Notable fact: Half a life-time ago when I was looking at colleges,

I literally took the map of the states and cut it in half.

Any universities that were further north of Kansas did not even get considered.

It was too cold.

Today I look outside.

Snow drifts 3 -4 feet tall.

Wind chill factor -15 degrees.

Something is wrong with this picture.



I shoveled the back patio so my dog can do its duty without snow drifts falling into the kitchen.

I then felt ambitious and opened my garage door to shovel the driveway.

3 feet drifts.

I began shoveling away and then noticed that the wind kept blowing the snow back.

I then noticed that the tracks of my hubbies car had vanished.

No where to be seen.

I went back inside.

I will tackle that job later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are living in winter wonderland. Someone needs to tell Jack Frost that he wondered to far south.
Brenda

kreed said...

I went to college in Laramie, WY. I am not quite sure how I survived. I do remember that my nostrils would sometimes freeze together when I breathed in while walking to class. Fun times!

Jen said...

kreed- I can't image my nostrils freezing together from the cold. That sounds like pure torture to me.