Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I'm going to try this popular "Ten on Tuesday." One of my favorite blogger/photographer does it and I love reading her blog on Tuesdays.

2. This past weekend I flew solo to Dallas to meet up with these gals:




3. I literally hadn't seen these gals in 19+ years. It truly feels like I graduated high school 10 years ago, not (cough) 19. Plus I don't think anyone looks like they have aged either, beautiful as ever. We flew/drove in from all over, Colorado, Ohio, Tennessee, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

4. My favorite part about being in Dallas was hearing my high school friends' life stories, reconnecting, eating wonderful food and relaxing in the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was outside on the upper deck of this hotel:




5. But my favorite of the whole weekend was getting off the plane in KC and having my children run into my arms. They missed me and it was evident. We all held hands, my girl, my boy, my husband and I. It felt good being back. Unconditional love does that to you.

6. My husband is pretty awesome. While I was gone, he cleaned out the refrigerator and the microwave. Yeah, pretty awesome.

7. My husband stated that the kids kept saying things to him like, "I didn't know you could clean." Or "How do you know which medicine I take." Distance does make the heart grow fonder.

8. I think I may have to make another solo trip in a couple years.

9. Speaking of a couple years, right before my high school friends departed our separate ways we talked about goals we wanted to obtain in the next five years. I hope in the next 5-7 years to take a mission trip to Africa with my family. This young missionary is an inspiration http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

10. Well, I did it. I completed the ten. Hopefully I will be consistent with it. Later - Jen

1 comments:

Keri Mayer said...

I especially love this post, because I felt the same way with all you girls and when I felt my kids little arms around my neck, saying how much they missed me! Hope to see you next time! God bless!