Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I have been so busy, that my "Ten on Tuesday" entries have been neglected. I'm thankful for the busyness of the fall season. I was wonderfully overwhelmed by the referrals this year, so blessed.

2.  We put up our Christmas tree this past weekend.  I felt like we did the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation search for the perfect tree.  We had friends that let us find a cedar tree off their land.  

3.  We ended up getting 4 trees.  One that was too big for our house and is currently standing outside.  One that is in our living room fully decorated. Two that are in my kids' rooms.  My daughter spray painted hers purple and my son spray painted his blue.  They were able to decorate their trees however they wished.

4.  Now presenting the Klamm family Christmas Tree..........




5.  It is filled with picture ornaments.  Every year I put a current picture of my kids on the tree.  It's been fun seeing how they have changed and grown.





6. I've been thinking of ways to help my children grasp the real meaning of Christmas.  Last year I tried the Jesse Tree.  My daughter had made the ornaments out of shrinking dink.  It was okay, but the kids got bored.    This year I am hiding something from the nativity set every morning.  My kids have to find it and then we read in the Bible about that character.  This morning we read about Mary and when the angel appeared to her letting her know that she was going to have a baby.  She was to give him the name Jesus.  "He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High."  Luke 1:  32.

7.  So far the kids love it and it generates good conversation about the first Christmas.  

8.  I am so close to finishing my Christmas shopping.  I have half my Christmas presents wrapped. Yay!

9.  Thursday my daughter turns 6.

10.  I'm sure next Ten on Tuesday will be filled with her birthday party pics.  


0 comments: