Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Developmental Milestones

Everyone accomplishes hundreds of developmental milestones throughout their lives. Some are easier than others; some can be painful. For example, a baby learning to walk will have a few bumps and bruises on her head before she has accomplished her feat.

This week my son has gone through 2 developmental milestones, riding a bike without training wheels and going to kindergarten. One definitely proved to be harder than the other.

Here is my son showing off his riding skills 30 minutes before we had to leave for the first day of school. Priorities, my son has his priorities :)




This is my son right after school riding his bike. Do you notice the band aid on his knee. Yup, he fell down right before school. Ugh! Fortunately, the love of riding his bike proved to be a motivating factor for getting back on his bike despite the fall.




Do you remember me saying that one milestone was harder than the other? Well reality hit my little man; no more riding his bike. It was time for school. This is what my son looked like...


Anxiety written all over his face! Unfortunately, he has inherited my intensely shy/anxiety proned personality. The unknown can be a little scary. I won't go over the mundane details of the morning. But I will say that we made it, and this was his face upon leaving the school.



As for me, I am stepping into a new milestone. One of trusting God for the safety of my child. Believing that He has His gracious grip on me and my family. You can keep me in your prayers since I am only on step one of a tall staircase. Blessings - Jen



0 comments: