Monday, August 11, 2008

Not a trend setter

Confession- I am not a trend setter. It usually takes me a year to finally agree to wear something that is the latest trend. I just have to warm up to the idea. Biggest example, and I am aging myself, is when boot cut jeans came in. I was resistant to wear them because they looked too close to bell bottom jeans. Ugh! A year later I embraced them so that I would not look out of place, and now I am hoping the straight leg jeans never return in full force. :)

Anyway, the latest trend in photographs is texture. I have been debating whether I like textured pictures for almost a year now. (See the similarities) I recently have seen some great pictures that have been texturized and now I am wondering should I do it as well.

Here is a picture of my sweet niece in black and white...

Here she is with some texture..

What do you think? Let's try another. Here's a picture in sepia tone.


And the same picture with texture.


Or should I just go back to my standard?


Inquiring minds want to know. I want feedback. Go ahead make a comment. I know you want to. -Jen




4 comments:

kjl said...

Personally, I think the sepia one looks good with texture!

Marathon Mom said...

I like both for different reasons, I do agree that I like the textured sepia better than the textured black and white. What a neat technique!

~Jill

Katharine said...

I like good photography, so your photos look good either way. A cute niece helps too, I am sure. Another thing I like is your writing style. Way to go, my ever-creative friend!

Anonymous said...

And I agree as well. The sepia texture is the best of the two - however, I'm a pretty classic kind of gal so I really like the "normal" version as well. I think it depends on how the person wants to use the portrait. You're getting just so advanced, my friend. Very impressive.