Saturday, September 13, 2008

Awe -struck

It's been raining here.
I mean raining!
Floods,
Tornado sightings,
Constant raindrops
on the roof.
It's been like that for a few days.
But...
this evening
there was a moment
of absolute glory.
The sky brightened
with multiple colors of
oranges and yellows.
And then I saw this...


This picture does not do it justice.
It was a vibrant
double rainbow
reaching from ground to ground,
leaping out for everyone to see.
But that was
not all.
God was wanting
to show more of his
GLORY
in His creation.
The rainbow was set in the eastern sky.
This was seen in the west.



This shot is straight out of the camera. No post-processing needed.

Absolutely awe-struck by God's beauty.

Blew me away. - Jen

3 comments:

kjl said...

Great pictures! We were actually at our friends' outdoor wedding last night when that happened, so I took a few pictures with my old camera that I'm sure won't be nearly as good! We didn't see the double rainbow though...only the one. We thought that it was good sign of God's blessing on their marriage! :)

Marathon Mom said...

This kind of scene is what I've been wanting to do for my next painting. Black outlining against a vibrant sunset. My mom just sent me some pictures she took at Clinton Lake from the dam as a reference. In our city we just have a wonderful view in the west at sunset time with the hill, don't we? Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the sunset! We saw the double rainbow too! I will have to see if my pics came out. ;)