Thursday, September 11, 2008

Returning to my roots

I have always considered myself a city girl. I was raised in a city and feel comfortable with all the conveniences nearby. However, I have been realizing that I enjoy the country life especially this time of year. With the hayfields, sunflowers, apple orchards, and pumkin patches, I cannot get enough. My husband has been reaping the benefits; homemade apple butter, blueberry pie, blackberry crisp, pumkin bread. Yummy!
My dad was raised on a farm, and I am now wondering what it would have been like if he had decided to keep the family farm instead of going to the city.
Here are some pictures of my kiddos picking apples in an orchard.










I know you want to... Go to an apple orchard. You will not regret it! - Jen


3 comments:

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Just made my first batch of apple butter yesterday! How fun!
Very cute pictures, McKenna is getting so big!
See you soon--Anna

Anonymous said...

I love the second picture of little M eating her apple and then the one where she is reaching really high to pick an apple that is clearly out of reach. These pictures make me wonder if we have an apple orchard anywhere near us.
Brenda

Gill said...

Wow, love those pictures!