Thursday, September 25, 2008

Write them on the doorframes

It was an absolute pleasure photographing these three sisters. They were such a delight. I left this home inspired. Inspired by the way their parents make their home a priority. This was seen by the pictures of their family/children displayed throughout the home and the affirming words and scripture etched on the walls.




Their mom loved inspiring words and asked that a photograph might have the following saying attached...


Her family's etchings reminded me of the scripture.
"Love the Lord you God with all your heart and will all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deut. 6: 5-9

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Sweet

jade, trish, halle and will said...

We are friends of the Jacksons from their time in Michigan. Beautiful pictures and great blog- you have a gift with pictures of children!! God Bless.
The Greenfields

Creationship said...

Hi Jen. Krista is one of my very best friends of all time and she sent me to your site! Oh MY GOODNESS, you are amazing! Did you study photography or are you self taught?

Jen said...

Thanks everyone. The Jacksons were a joy to photograph!
Lindsey - I am self taught. I have way too many pictures of my kiddos :)