Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Memorable Christmas

I hope your Christmas was enjoyable and full of memories.
Ours was. Here's a recap:
Spent Christmas Eve at my sisters and did the traditional open gifts containing
pajamas and games.

Once everyone got into their pajamas we played games.
Then drove home to grandpas in the snow.
*
Christmas morning:
My kids woke up bright and early as usual ready to open their gifts.
The rest of the day was spent with my family (my sisters and their family).

My most memorable things about Christmas 09
1. Driving from my sisters to my dad's home. The roads had a layer of ice and then 5-6 inches of snow on the roads. We counted 20 cars in the ditches. My dad and husband pulled over a few times to help people stuck in the snow. A usually 25 minute drive was well over an hour.
2. My sister driving my van and her comment to her daughter. (Total inside joke)
3. Waking up the day after Christmas seeing my son attempting to disassemble his skateboard to make a snowboard. Sounded logical with all the snow outside.
4. My dad's response when I told him, my daughter wanted a pink toolbox, a real toolbox with tools like her dad's but only pink. My daughter's response once she opened the toolbox, "Where's some wood."
5. Returning home to find 2 -3 feet snow drifts in our driveway.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, thanks for an enjoyable time. I especially liked our trip to Rhema and then to dad's house.
Brenda