Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The scene behind my kids Christmas card photo shoot

This is how our last minute Christmas card photo shoot went since I decided I didn't want any of the gazillion pictures that I have of my kids this past year.
In order of events:

3:15 Pick up son from school. Realize my daughter is asleep. Deep sigh.
3:30 Arrive home. Tell son that I need a big favor and would like to do a photo shoot after he relaxes and eat a snack. Try to wake up daughter. No use.
4:00 Place props and camera in car.
4:10 Tell son to get on his photo shoot clothes. Realizing that he will grumble about the outfit, I immediately tell him that he can change his clothes after the photo shoot, and he will get something sweet for his modeling job.
4:12 Pick daughter up from her sleeping state and place her on the toilet. Hoping that she will go since I know she will need to in the near future. No such luck.
4:14 Dress, brush and curl daughter's hair while she is laying on her bed still wanting to sleep.
4:15 Load kids in the car.
4:25 Unload props at an uninhabited home.
4:26 Kids complain its too cold.
4:27 Daughter says she need to go the bathroom. Exhibit A:


4:28 Attempt to help daughter use the bathroom outside. Again no such luck.
4:30 Quickly take some pictures.
4:32 My heart races as a cop car siren goes off. I think I'm in trouble since I am trespassing on private property. The cop car races by. Whew.
4:33 Load up kids, props, and camera in car.
4:34 After driving 1/2 mile, daughter pipes up and says she is not buckled.
4:34 2 second later Pull over and buckle her car seat.
4:44 Pull into home, let daughter use the bathroom.
4:46 Arrive at gas station, fill up, and let kids choose a sweet of their choice.
4:50 Let kids eat a donut before dinner.
Let's see if I can make lemonade out of lemons. To be continued...........

5 comments:

kreed said...

I am totally cracking up! And would so love to see this picture on your Christmas card ! :O Hope the nest session goes more smoothly!

kjl said...

That picture is hilarious!! :)

Marathon Mom said...

Okay, you just made me laugh out loud! And I can't wait to see the "lemondade".

JB said...

Totally love it!

Anonymous said...

If you can truly make lemonade out of that, you are one amazing super sister mom picture taking hero!!!
Thanks for the laugh, I enjoyed the giggles.
Love,
Brenda