Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I love it when I come home from a busy day smelling BBQ as I enter my home. I completely forgot that I had placed the BBQ in the crockpot this morning.

2. This past week my family participated in 2 gingerbread house making activities with friends.
Here is my graham cracker creation as well as my daughters:



3. My husbands, "Christmas Vacation" inspired RV with sewer gingerbread house got eaten by our dog. I truly thought it was safe on the table. I also thought the appearance of the sewer would detract anybody. I guess not my dog.

4. I'm in a cooking rut. Not a rut in which you are stuck and need recipe ideas, but a rut where you have no desire what so ever to cook. Probably the reason for #1.

5. My son who has been losing teeth went from looking like this...



to this.



all because of this.



6. My boy had grabbed his stocking and the stocking holder fell on his face taking out his dangling tooth with it. His dangling tooth had been stuck in his mouth for weeks. I was even a bit concerned since it had completely moved in a different position within his mouth. If you take another look you can see the permanent tooth already has made its appearance.

7. I think it is perfectly appropriate that my son is practicing "All I want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" for piano class.

8. My husband just texted me and asked "Where is ten on Tuesday?" He is the second person who has made that request. A wanted post?

9. I don't know why I seem to manage to go to the cashier at Wal-mart that takes the absolute longest. Today I was debating between two cashiers who both had only one person whom they were checking out. I once again chose wrong. I immediately started putting food on the conveyor belt. By the time I was finished, the other cashier had checked out 5 other people. I kid you not. Not that I was counting.

10. Why is it that everything seems to fall on the same day. I wish at times there were two of me. My girl has a Christmas program next Thursday evening. My husband on the same night is being recognized as a finalist for "Clinical Instructor of the Year" award. We have made our decision, but what would you do?

1 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

Tough decision! I would probably go to my daughters program. Maybe you'll get to go to another ceremony for your husband if he becomes more than a finalist {don't count that as not being worthy though}. He dies provide for the family but kids don't seem to understand as much as adults.

I only WISH I had 10 things to write about every Tuesday that people would care to read. I do look forward to these posts. Maybe someday when my life gets a little moreexciting