Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Woo hoo. It's winter break! To start if off, my kids and I went to "Play, Bounce, Jump" right after school today. We then met the hubby for dinner. No cooking for me. Woo hoo!

2. Today a) I had my last home visit for Parents As Teachers for 2010.
b) mailed our Christmas cards/letters out. Family and friends, be on the look out.
c. finished my Christmas shopping.
d. All of the above

3. This past week seems like it has been many weeks combined. Especially since my daughter had her birthday party last Friday evening. It seems like weeks ago since I made her cake.



4. Every year the cake gets simpler. For the record the roses were store bought.



5. My girl had a pajama party. Her friends danced, ate popcorn, and watched a movie.



6. I confess, a pillow fight did erupt.



7. The best part about the party was that the kiddos left our home around 9:00 pm.
Actually this was one of the easiest parties I have done for my kids.

8. The night before this birthday bash, my girl made her first stage debut in her preschool Christmas program. All the kids did an excellent job. I'm really impressed with the teachers and this school!



9. If you are a facebook friend of mine you may have read my blog post last week. I had posted that a young girl half my age with purple streaks in her hair complimented my boots. She went on to ask where I had purchased the boots. In a brief moment I thought, 'Am I too old to wear these boots?' I of course said no, but many asked to see the boots. So here they are.....



10. I am so looking forward to reflecting on Christ's birth and spending time with family. I love the end of what my husband wrote on our Christmas letter. "We pray that you would be able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the holiday and get"wrapped" up in the ultimate gift that was given. " That is my prayer for you!

3 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

Jen, I have to agree, AWESOME BOOTS!

MrsMama said...

What a cute cake! And I love your faux sleepover idea.

Marathon Mom said...

Love the cake and love the boots!