Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ten on Thursday

1. So I totally missed Ten on Tuesday. It was a very busy day. I had only spent one hour at home from 8:30am to 8:30 pm. How did that happen? Needless to say the blog was neglected.

2. This week our schedule feels somewhat back to normal. We had three snow days two weeks ago and last week had one snow day plus Monday off due to Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday.

3. Before the snow hit last Wednesday, my girlfriend, her daughter, my girl and I drove to the American Girl Store in KC. My girl and her friend had received an American Girl doll for their birthdays. We thought it would be fun for our girls to spend some time at the store with their new dolls.

4. I never thought I would buy an American Girl doll for the my girl, let alone enjoy the American Girl doll experience but I did.

5. My girl enjoyed it even more. She was skipping from one display to another. It was like she was in little girl heaven. Here is a picture of her and her doll Laney.




6. My girl was a bit overwhelmed with all the choices of clothing for Laney. She had a hard time choosing, but ended up with the outfit above.

7. Later that night after the snow had bombed the earth with its white stuff, my girl showed me Laney's new scarf that had unraveled. I was disappointed since American Girl prices are not cheap to have something unravel within the day of purchasing the product. I ended up calling the returns dept. They asked if I could just return it to the store for an exchange. When I stated that I lived 40 minutes from the store and that it was snowing, she asked for information on the receipt. We received a new scarf set in the mail within two days. They stated to give the used set to someone else. I am totally sold on American Girl now!

8. When I picked up my girl from preschool yesterday, she exclaimed, " I am so excited." When I asked why, she replied, "I get to buy Laney her headband today." My girl had been saving her money to buy a headband at a store where my son takes piano lessons. He has piano lessons every Wednesday afternoon. The past two Wednesdays have been canceled due to the snow. My girl literally had been waiting 3 weeks to buy this headband:




9. I just received my new Iphone cover. I bought it from Cafe press.



10. I like it and my husband likes his too.

2 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

What a cool iPhone cover! I'm going to have to go check that out for me!!!

fanaticnascarweathermom said...

Laney doll! love love love the name and the doll! the iphone cover is awesome too! good stuff.