Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. There has been a lot of riding the plasma car around the house, lately. I think everyone is getting a little stir crazy from the winter weather.



2. My kids even made stop signs for the cars and people.



Translation: "Stop. Count to three seconds, then go. For cars."

3. My kids are coming up with so many creations. A flying boxed garage for my girl's dog and below is a closet for my girl's American girl doll. Though I think it is quite creative, I am hoping to find a nice wood one that won't break the bank. $25.00 would be great.



4. My girl has also been making some valentines. Creations were inspired from
familyfun.com Here's a few:



5. This past weekend we traveled to Oklahoma to see my nephew earn his
Eagle scout award. What an accomplishment!

6. I feel like I have scored on Monday nights. I enrolled my kids in Lawrence Gymnastic Academy. Both my kids' classes are at the same time, each with a friend in their class. Additional bonus, I have a sweet friend to talk with during this time. We love it!

7. I mentioned last Tuesday that I have been reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I'm at chapter nine. The book has reaffirmed what has been brewing in my heart for some time. I don't know exactly where God is leading, but I want to follow.

8. One question that kept coming to my mind while reading the book is 'If the church wholeheartedly loved God and took care of the poor, afflicted and needy as He has requested, would there be a need for as many government programs?'

9. Which led to this question, "How can I be a changing agent to help the poor, afflicted and needy."

10. Big questions, but I am ready to be used.



My girl thinks it should be summer. She asked if we could go swimming. When I replied that we may be able to go to an indoor pool again, she stated, "No an outdoor pool." We have snow on the ground. I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.

0 comments: