Sunday, November 1, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

I remember the time when I loved to "fall back" in time.
Being able to sleep an extra hour on a cool fall morning.
Those days are long gone.
It's called children.
Better yet.....it's called my early morning conversationalist:

This morning she woke up at 5:30 a.m.
For this little early riser, it was 6:30 a.m. her usual wake up time.
In my groggy state, I vaguely remember hearing
a chair being moved across the kitchen floor.
I thought she may be getting into the candy loot, but no, she had much better plans.
Her plans involved these babies:
"tap" shoes that she had refurbished the day before.
Yesterday, she had asked numerous time if the shoes were dry yet.
And today this early, so very early of the morning, my early
morning conversationalist decided to put on a Broadway show with
music, singing and dance.
I have to admit, I did smile as I heard her tapping away on our all hard wood floors.
Oh to be three again!

2 comments:

Marathon Mom said...

How sweet! I'm sure she put on quite a show!

kreed said...

I missed the good old days with an extra hour of sleep, but it sure would be hard to pass up that kind of show just for a little extra sleep!