Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I just looked outside my window. It's snowing, hmmm.

2. It's amazing how when you know when someone is coming over for the weekend, your house projects go into overdrive. My sister, her kids and my dad are staying over this weekend. Our back bedroom has been under construction for months. In less than a few weeks, my husband has poured concrete to level the floor, placed laminate flooring, constructed a window bench with shelves, placed wainscoting on the walls and painted. He plans on painted the wainscoting tonight. My husband has done a wonderful job. I know that he's tired, but I appreciate all his work!

3. My projects in the room seem minimal compared to his. I added the decorative flare. My girl wanted her room colorful with flowers so we have added flowers to her wall.




4. My girl wanted so bad to paint the flowers with me. I declined, but gave her another project. Look below. She did everything except the writing.



5. While I was at a birthday party this weekend, some jokester made a comment that I could "blog" about his son's birthday present. I think he is just jealous.

6. This same jokester earlier made a comment that I was the oldest person at the party. He made the comment just as I was about to do a front hip circle on the bars. It was a gymnastics party at a local gym.

7. It made me later think. At what age should I stop trying to see if I can do some gymnastics skills of my youth. I did manage to do a round off back hand spring on the trampoline. But later that evening I did manage to take a few ibuprofen to curb some muscle aches. I'm not as strong as I use to be. My arms kept bending during the hand spring.

8. Informal poll. At what age should I stop trying to do a back hand spring on the trampoline? At what age should I stop trying a cartwheel?

9. Supposedly, there is a video of my back handspring.

10. I'm a little scared to see it.

3 comments:

JB said...

If you did one everyday, you might be able to do them 'til you're 100, but an occasional hand spring will probably just get more dangerous (and painful) as you get older.

Anonymous said...

At age 75! That is as long as I plan on doing an occasional round off.

kjl said...

Handsprings do seem a bit dangerous at our age, but I think we can do cartwheels forever! :)