Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. My daffodils survived the snow.



2. I picked 3 vases full of daffodils so I could enjoy them just in case they did not survive winter's linger.

3. I'm over snow. It started to snow right after the KU Jayhawks lost their game on Sunday.

4. Sunday was a sad day for KU Jayhawk fans. I've been a fan since attending almost all the home basketball games while I was a student. For me being in Allen Field house is an adrenaline rush. The Jayhawks are my team and when they lose, I feel like I have lost the game too.

4. I'm not able to watch the games like I did in my 20s. Literally my blood pressure rises. I have to read, clean, do something else while watching the game. It's just too nerve racking for me. I get in a deep sorrow for maybe an hour after the game when they lose. So on Sunday's game I did the dishes, did the laundry while my husband watched and had his blood pressure rise instead. He would call out occasionally when KU would begin to play better. I would then check in and watch. Only briefly.

5. Anyway VCU played exceptionally well. KU not so much. But I am proud of them. They had a great year!

6. My pastor who is not a KU fan posted an article about how basketball was originated.
http://www.breakpoint.org/bpcommentaries/entry/13/16745 Anything that my pastor has said negatively about KU in the past has been redeemed :)

7. Okay this post has been spent too much on KU. LOL

8. I am looking forward to this weekend. It's going to be in the upper 60s and maybe 70s on Sunday. I have many Easter photo shoots this weekend so it will be perfect!

9. I've been reading, Israel, My Beloved. An interesting allegory of God and his bride.

10. My kids have requested pancakes and scrambled eggs for dinner. I think their request will be granted.

1 comments:

kjl said...

You probably know my opinion--you can never have too much KU. :)